Samsung’s Galaxy S5 camera specs and software features have been further detailed by SamMobile, a source with a good track record of reporting on unreleased Samsung products. The site revealed that the S5 will pack a dedicated camera button. Interestingly, the camera button will not be a physical one, as Samsung will instead include an invisible camera button on the right side of the device, in the “same place where usually physical dedicated camera buttons are placed.” Also Read - Samsung Galaxy M32 in pics: First look at the Redmi Note 10S competitor
However, the technology – which Samsung calls Side Touch – won’t always be available to the user. In Portrait Mode, Easy Mode and while recording video, the invisible button will not actually work Also Read - Samsung Galaxy Watch Active4 leaked renders show fresh design, flatter display
SamMobile has further detailed the cameras on board the Galaxy S5, saying that the main rear camera will have a 16-megapixel sensor that will offer 4K UHD video recording support (at 30FPS) and Full HD video recording (at 60FPS). It’s still unclear whether Samsung will use its new ISOCELL camera technology. Also Read - Samsung Galaxy S22 could get 50MP main rear camera sensor, not 108MP
As for camera software features, Samsung is expected to add even more camera modes on top what’s already available on the Galaxy S4, as well as various photo effects.
A camera modes list as presented by SamMobile follows below – only the known features are described, although other modes are also mentioned including Mosaic Shot, Smile Shot, Frame Shot, Vintage, Cartoon, Add Me, Action Shot, Stop Motion, Cartoon and Pet:
- 3D Tour Shot: Create interactive virtual tours of your surroundings.
- Sports: Take clearer pictures of fast moving subjects.
- Focus Select: Make your subjects stand out against the background by adjusting the depth of field.
- Dual Camera: You can take pictures and record videos using the front and rear cameras at the same time.
- Aqua: Appropriate for taking pictures underwater.
- Animated Photo: Create a picture containing moving objects by animating parts of the picture.
- 3D Panorama: Create a spherical panorama of your surroundings.
- Sound & Shot: Enrich your pictures by adding a few seconds of background sound.
- Drama: Takes multiple exposure pictures of a moving subject and merges them into one dramatic picture.
- Golf: Take pictures of a golf swing. You can then play the pictures forwards or backwards.
- Auto Portrait: Take self-portrait with the rear camera.
- Rich Tone (HDR): Take pictures with softer or richer colours by merging pictures taken in various exposures.
- Auto: Automatically adjusts the exposure to optimise the colour and brightness of pictures. You can take single or burst shots.
- Eraser: Save the best picture after erasing moving objects from consecutive pictures.
- Night: Take brighter, clearer pictures in low light without the flash.
- Best Face: Select the best picture of each person from 5 consecutive pictures to get the best merged group picture.
- Best Photo: Take a series of pictures, and then select the best to save.
- Continues Shot: Take pictures continuously.
- Panorama: Create a linear panorama by taking pictures in either a horizontal or vertical direction.