Chinese telecom equipment maker ZTE Corporation said on Friday it will not accept a ban by the US on the company, terming the decision “extremely unfair”. Also Read - 89% gamers in India prefer PC gaming over mobile gaming: Reveals HP Gaming report
The announcement came after the US Department of Commerce imposed denial of export privileges against ZTE for alleged violations of the Export Administration Regulations earlier this week, Xinhua news agency reported. Also Read - Android 12 beta 2 rolling out: New privacy features, tweaked design and more
The Shenzhen-based company said it is determined to take all means permitted by law to safeguard its legitimate rights and interests, while it will continue efforts to solve the issue through dialogue. Also Read - Let our firms take part in 5G trials, China tells India
China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said Thursday that the US action against ZTE will damage itself. “The action targets China, however, it will ultimately undermine the US itself,” said MOC spokesperson Gao Feng.