WordPress developer Automattic has updated the app on iOS and introduced two very important features with the latest update — push notifications and the ability to view, moderate and reply to comments all on one screen.
The push notifications feature is an important one for the app users, as they can now get notifications for everything that happens on their blog and they show up regardless of where you are in the app. You can also cater the notifications to suit your needs and set them according to what type and exactly which blogs you want a notification for. The updates to the comments feature now allow you to view, moderate and reply to them all on one screen. This is especially useful if you are a moderator for different blog accounts and you’ve got to moderate a lot of comments at a time.
The update includes the following changes:
- Get Push Notifications for everything happening on your blog.
- View, moderate, and reply to Comments from one screen – independent of blog.
- View comment threads and easily access the original post.
- Know about new Notifications instantly regardless of where you are in the app.
- Set Push Notification settings for each notification type, and select which blogs you want to receive notifications on in the Settings panel.
- WordPress.com blogs: get notifications about Likes, Reblogs, Follows, and Badges/Stats Highlights.
- This release also includes: Numerous stability fixes.
WordPress3.4 is available for download from the App Store.