Back in May, Xiaomi unveiled MIUI 10, the latest iteration of the custom UI overlay that runs atop Android on nearly all (except those that are part of the Android One program, like the recently-launched Mi A2) of its smartphones.
A lot of Xiaomi smartphones are set to get MIUI 10, which the company will seed once the software package is stable enough for a proper rollout. Currently, MIUI 10 ROM is under Global Beta status, which Xiaomi continues to refine and optimize. The latest version (number 8.8.23) of MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM has just been outed, and it comes bundled with quite a few bug fixes, and general optimizations.
Some of the issues that have been fixed in MIUI 10 Global Beta v8.8.23 are as follows:
– Wrong status of screen recorder toggle.
– Texts translate error in Quick ball.
– Video is not playing in full screen.
– Other country cities displays wrong timezone in clock app.
– Settings FC when click “Assist and Voice input ” option in settings menu. (Android P) (Mi MIX 2S)
– It displays broken notification of the player in Apple Music app
– Overlapping text on notification in Telegram.
– Dual Apps are not working
– Battery indicator shows charging situation after unplugging charger.
– No push in floating notifications when using third party apps (Mi 8)
– Full screen option isn’t available in mi video player
If you have a Xiaomi smartphone and would like to try out the new features that MIUI 10 brings, you can do so by manually flashing the ROM. However, to do that, you’ll first have to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone by requesting an unlock code from Xiaomi.
Watch: Xiaomi Mi A2 First Look
Xiaomi’s reportedly planning on launching its Mi 8 flagship smartphone in India soon. According to Digivamp, the company is accepting orders for the Mi 8 from brick-and-mortar stores across the country. The publication cites dealers in Delhi, Rajasthan and UP as source for this information, and the offline retail points of Mi 8 are said to complement online sales. The information was further corroborated by employees at Xiaomi’s service center, hinting at a September launch.