A few weeks ago, Xiaomi announced the launch of the second wave of stable MIUI 10 OTA firmware distribution for its smartphones. The list included 21 Xiaomi smartphones, but there was no sign of the Redmi Note 4, one of the most popular Xiaomi smartphones. Now the manufacturer has announced the rollout of the global stable version of MIUI 10 for the Redmi Note 4.
The Redmi Note 4 receives the update with version number V10.1.1.0.NCFMIFI. As it is an OTA update, it is likely to take a bit of time before reaching everyone. To check if the update has arrived on your smartphone, you can head over to Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check for updates. This update also brings the latest Android security patch for the month of October 2018.
In case you haven’t received notification for the update yet, you can manually flash MIUI 10 on your smartphone. To do that, here are the steps.
1) Download the MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM from MIUI website (http://en.miui.com/download.html)
2) Move the download file to your smartphone’s Internal Storage
3) On your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, go to Settings -> About phone -> System Updates, and tap on the three-dots menu at the upper-right corner.
4) Tap Update Package, and select the downloaded file
5) Once the file parsing process is complete, Tap on the “Reboot and update” option.
Watch: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Review
MIUI 10 Global ROM brings the gestures navigating system to the device, redesigned volume controls, improved multitasking, a natural system sound is added, redesigned notifications panel, and more. MIUI 10 is similar to Android P adaptation. The menus have been redistributed in a much more intuitive way, the quick panel adjustments now look much similar to Android P, and even the color palette is the same, with a white and blue background shade. The volume buttons, the transparent notification panel and especially the multitasking have all been redesigned.